Spot measurement of colour and luminance in a handheld portable instrument
The CS-150 and CS-160 are lightweight, compact and battery powered luminance and colour meters for the measurement of a wide range of luminance conditions and non contact measurement of colour. A worthy successor to the CS-100A, the new instruments offer improved features and usability. These next generation instruments provide an increased measurement range and a sensor that more closely matches the CIE 1931 color-matching functions.
To provide the most accurate measurement of luminance, the relative spectral response of the measuring instrument should perfectly match the sensitivity of the human eye for photopic vision, as represented by the CIE spectral luminous efficiency V(λ). Alongside improved usability, the CS-150 and CS-160 feature an improved correlation to V(λ) and a greatly improved measurement range up to 999,900 cd/m2 (CS-150) and 9,999,000 cd/m2 (CS-160).
The CS-150 and CS-160 feature the same user friendly features as the popular CS-100A:
- SLR (single lens reflex) optical system and pistol grip design gives the operator precise control over targeting and ensures that the viewfinder shows the exact area to be measured, even at very short distances.
- The measured luminance value is displayed inside the viewfinder whilst full measurement data is shown on the large external monochrome display.
- The optical system is virtually flare-free, eliminating the influence of light from outside the measurement area.
- Areas as small as 0.4mm diameter (CS-160) can be measured when using the optional close-up lenses (for information on measurement areas please check the table within the instrument specifications).
- Chromaticity and luminance measurements of LEDs and other small light sources.
- Chromaticity and luminance measurements of tungsten and fluorescent lamps.
- Surface colour measurements of freshly painted walls and other surfaces that cannot be touched.
- Surface colour measurements of complex shapes and items that cannot be touched for hygiene reasons.
- Chromaticity and luminance measurements of signal lighting including rail signals, road signals and aviation signals.
- Chromaticity and luminance measurements of colour displays.
- Luminance measurements of monochrome displays.
- Chromaticity and luminance measurements of video projectors