1. Reliable low-luminance measurement
Konica Minolta's accumulated optical technologies and state-of-the-art signal processing technologies are combined to achieve a 100,000 : 1 contrast measurement*¹ using a spectral-type spectroradiometer.
Low-luminance measurement: From 0.003 cd/m² (Measuring angle: 1°)
Measurement accuracy: ±2% (Luminance)
*1 When the peak luminance is 300 cd/m²
2. Short measurement time even at low luminance
Fast measurement with good repeatability is possible even at low luminance levels. Measurement time: Approx. 4 sec. (NORMAL mode: 4 cd/m²; FAST mode: 0.5 cd/m²) Easy operation with a color LCD screen and simple key arrangement
3. Easy operation with a color LCD screen and simple key arrangement
1° is suitable for
Typical targets such as middle- and large-size display units
- LCD, PDP, or EL display panels
- LCD panels for cellular phones and digital cameras
- Radar and other instrument panels used in airplane cockpits
- Large outdoor display screens
0.2° is suitable for
Small light sources such as an LED
- Car audio systems
- Instrument panels for automobiles
- Lamps, fluorescent tube backlight, and other light sources
0.1° is suitable for
Extremely small light sources or distant light
- PDP or LCD pixels
- Cold-cathode tubes
- Brake lamps of automobiles
- Traffic signals
4. Selecting the best-suited measuring angle enables measurements of various objects.
The selectable measuring angle enables a single machine to measure large to small diameters.
Measuring angle: 1°, 0.2°, 0.1°
Minimum measuring area: Ø 0.1 mm (when a close-up lens is attached)
5. Quality control based on the dominant wavelength
"Data Management Software CS-S10w Professional", included as a standard accessory, enables acceptance judgments* based on the dominant wavelength. The CS-2000 is thus optimal for quality control of LEDs, which are hailed as the next generation in lighting, and various other new lighting devices.
* Acceptance judgment based on dominant wavelength: Judges whether the primary wavelength (dominant wavelength) of the respective color is within the standard range in the chromaticity evaluation of LEDs or other illuminating light sources.
6. Accurate measurement of illuminance
Attaching a diffuser adapter for illuminance measurement (optional accessory) enables the CS-2000 to accurately perform spectroscopic measurements of illuminance and chromaticity of irradiated light.
Areas of application
Light sources of all types can be measured under Laboratory conditions with the CS-2000, for example signal, traffic lights, airport lighting, lamps, LEDs, picture tubes, LCDs, PDPs, etc., simply anything that emits light. With the ever-growing demand for diversified media, stimulated by the growth of information-technology business and full-scale service of digital broadcasting, research and development has accelerated for various display devices centring on plasma displays and LCDs. Innovations in LED technology have led to remarkable breakthroughs in the development of LED products including traffic lights, backlights for reflective LCDs, and large outdoor display screens.